SeeClickFix Blog #1

• In your own words describe what the company called SEECLICKFIX does for people living in Oakland.

The try to fix problems in our city to make our city a safer, nicer place to live.

• Do you think SEECLICKFIX helps people in Oakland to resist oppression?  Explain why, or why not.

Yes because I Think we can be internally oppressed by like litter, making us feel embarrassed that the place we live in is such a mess. This service helps change that by like cleaning up or painting over unwanted graffiti.

• Explain the story of how you took your picture for the SEECLICKFIX project (Describe what you took a picture of, when you took it, where you were, how, and why).

I was walking my dog around my apartment complex like I always do, and remembered I had to take pictures of things like litter for a class project and looked around, found litter and photographed it.

• What did you do in class to join SEECLICKFIX on their website?  Describe the steps you took.

Well it asks if your a citizen or an official, then for your name, email and the closest intersection to your workplace. Then after you need to go to your email and confirm your account.

I got my computer then went to SEECLICKFIX.com and signed into my account. Then I went to report issue then followed a few steps. First you find the location how the thing you are reporting, by dragging a pin to the exact location on the map. Then you pick what category of issue it is, the issue title, then a description of the issue. After that you press submit, then you will get an ID number that you need to write down on a sticky note and but on a poster that says acknowledged, open, or closed and you’re done. My issue ID is 4285815

• Do you predict that the City of Oakland will fix the problem you reported?  Explain why, or why not.

No because it’s such a small issue that anyone walking by can fix or the workers at that location. I ended up picking it up and throwing it away.

One thought on “SeeClickFix Blog #1”

1. Something I really appreciated from this blog, was how detailed all of the responses to the questions were. Sometimes when reading articles that are not descriptive about even the little things, I feel like it is difficult to comprehend what the author is saying. Especially, when you are trying to understand the story more thoroughly, it is harder to do so. But the answers in this blog, especially for questions 4,5,6, I feel as though they were very detailed and informative.